Pages - Menu

Sunday 18 September 2011

Creative Internet Sites: 1

Did you know that there are quite a few wonderful internet sites which enable you to draw and paint and create?

This week I am going to go through some sites that I use to add to my collages and pictures.  The first site I have chosen is Wordle.  This is a fun site which rearranges words and creates a collage of words.  You can change the fonts, colours and layout.  By clicking the randomise button you can just try a random mix.

The first thing you do is go to Wordle and add the words you want to use.  I took one of my holiday pictures and decided to make a scrapbook page.

Here is the Wordle screen.  If you repeat a word a number of times, this word becomes more prominent in the grouping so here I have added holiday 3 times and relax twice:

Now click Go and see how it arranges the text for you and each time you press Randomise it will give you a different arrangement.  Here are some of mine:



Now getting the arrangement into Photoshop Elements is a little tricky because there is no way of saving the result.

So here are the steps for getting it into PE (I am afraid this is for the PC - search online to see the process for getting a screen print on the MAC):
  1. Make sure the internet page you are viewing is the one you want to copy and is maximised.
  2. At the top of your keyboard there is a key called Prt Scr.  Press this key.  It makes a screen print.
  3. Now open Photoshop Elements and select from the menu File>New>Image from Clipboard.
  4. Crop the image to just the words by selecting from the menu Image>Crop and then resize the box to include only the text.
  5. Voila, you can now save this.

These are the picture files I used to make my scrapbook page.  Instead of a flower I could have used cut out pictures of me and my husband:
Here are some sample pages I created with this:




No comments:

Post a Comment