Pages - Menu

Monday 10 September 2012

Just Love Handbags

I just love fabric handbags and last week I was up in London and couldn’t resist popping into my favourite handbag shop in Covent Garden called Lollipops, a little French boutique shop, which has very reasonable but different handbags.

I have been looking for a little handbag that I can take with me on holiday that can store the bare essentials with the rest of my paraphernalia going into a backpack.  I ended up buying this lovely little bag which I realised at the time was a little impractical but I couldn’t resist:

The problem is that there is nowhere to really store a small fold up brush and a lipstick.  I can slip my mobile phone into one of the side pockets so that’s not too bad.  I can put the items in one of the sleeves at the back and the bag closes fine which is okay in the evening when I seldom open my bag but a nightmare during the day, if I am doing shopping and need to pay for items. 

So, decided to make a little bag that could attach to this main bag.  I dug out some fabric that I printed a while back and set out making this little bag:

 Well, it is proving to be highly successful!  It’s big enough to hold a passport and my boarding pass plus a fold-up brush and a lipstick so I have those in a convenient and accessible area.  When I am shopping, I can put my mobile phone in it so I can get to it quickly and when I am out sightseeing my camera fits into it beautifully and I am happy to put the rest of the items in my backpack.


No comments:

Post a Comment