Pages - Menu

Saturday 22 August 2015

Day 234 of 365 Day Challenge

So where am I today...SINGAPORE! This is another place I would have loved my husband to be stationed. I know some people think it's a bit sterile but actually on a day-to-day basis that can be quite reassuring. It's also much easier for English speaking people. Finally, there is a lot more here than people realise. For example, the last time we were here we visited the wetlands and if you are into nature this is a very tranquil and relaxing place to go. The only downside about Singapore is perhaps the constant heat and humidity all year round.

So I worked out that I was last here in 2012 and I have noticed quite a few changes. On this last visit we went up to the top of the Marina Bay Sands and I saw these funny looking spiky things being built on a derelict piece of land. Well, this time I found out what they were for - The Gardens in the Bay! It's a pity I don't have my photos from this visit with me because it would have been interesting to post the before and after.

Oh my goodness! What an attraction the Gardens by the Bay are. An absolute must do if you are here. Apart from the lovely tranquil gardens, there are three major attractions - four if you have children. The Supertrees, the Flower Dome and the Forest Dome. If you have kids there is the Children's Garden - a whole area of spurting water jets under which they can play so bring towels and a change of clothes!

Where do I start? Which is going to be my photo of the day? So many choices. One of the flowers, cacti or driftwood sculptures from the Flower Dome? The amazing Forest Dome? Actually photos just don't do it justice. The scale and intricacy of this massive, almost steampunk type garden structure was incredible. Well it just has to be the Supertrees lighted up at night. Don't miss the light show in the evening. I shall have to give you a taste of the rest.

Apps: Hipstamatic, Camera+, Snapseed, Marksa








2 comments:

  1. Wow Ann, what amazing photos! It reminds me a bit of the Eden Project in Cornwall. I've been to Hong Kong but not to Singapore. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shoshi, got a couple of days here then onto Sydney. Yippee! How lucky am I.

    ReplyDelete