Pages - Menu

Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Album Cover

I have to decided to make an album cover for my dear friends who have given me their vintage photographs.  When I took the photos out of the albums to scan, the sticky plastic covers didn't stick back again and I was worried about the photos dropping out.

I thought also that it would be a good test to see what fabrics would work well with the vintage photographs.  I found a brown floral material which I bought to use for the first cover.  I added some wadding and backed it with calico once I had attached the photos.   This photo shows the material with right sides together before I turned it inside out.

Here is the cover with the the material the right sides out before I sewed down the sides and added the ribbon to keep the flap closed:

No comments:

Post a comment