Just as an example, I have used the photograph I cleaned up in the previous post and added a slight brown tint so that the combination of the lace and picture was evident.
Here is how you do it:
- Open a new blank page in Photoshop Elements and open the document that contains the frame.
- Drag the frame into the new document and resize it as required. Now simplify the layer by first making the layer active and then going to the menu and choosing Layer>Simplify Layer.
- Fill the inside of the lace with a shape. The picture will only show where the lace and shape is.
- Now open up the picture you wish to combine with the lace.
- Drag in the picture and make sure that it is the top layer. Size it to the same size as the lace frame (lower the opacity of the top layer to see through and then put it back to 100%).
- Group the layers by selecting Layer>Group with Previous. You can move the picture around so that you can put it where you want in the frame.