Pages - Menu

Thursday 2 July 2015

Day 183 of 365 Day Challenge

I had a day in Beijing on my own so did a little research and discovered an area called the 798 Art Zone. Just up my street. So after a fair amount of subway changing and a taxi ride I finally arrived at 798. Well, it is a pretty big area of art studios, art exhibitions, coffee shops, craft shops and an old industrial area called D-Park which you can wander around.

I've got to tell you that I roamed around for over 3 hours and hardly scratched the surface. You need a whole day to really do it justice. Some fascinating art often with a Chinese slant. There was also a steampunk exhibition on with steampunk art from around the world. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was disappointed that I didn't nearly get through all the zones. I would love to feature a piece of art as my main photo for the day but not sure of copyright so today's photo is taken in the D-Park and I have included another of the D-Park, an outside sculpture and graffiti.





No comments:

Post a Comment