I had such a fun day today. I went to visit my photographer friend, Kayla Stoate, who does the most amazing portraits. She has recently purchased a printing press and we both wanted to have a go at doing a lino cut.
We struggled a bit with the press but I think with a bit of practice it will work well. This is a print I got from the pheasant that I did. It wasn't as accurate as the picture - probably took on more than I could chew - but not bad for my first attempt.
I had converted the original photo to a black and white copy using the
Pen and Ink filter in Photoshop Elements 11 and made the mistake of not
taking a copy of the original photo to compare back to. I transferred
the laser copy to the lino using a matt medium which worked pretty well -
again something that I could do better next time.
It's never as easy as it looks!
Post a Comment