Pages - Menu

Sunday 8 July 2012

Architecture

The theme this week in Photo Art Friday is architecture and it's one of my favourite topics so decided to give it a go. This is a photo that my husband took in Singapore and here are two of my conversions:


Not sure how I feel about the result. Think I prefer the second one.

Anyhow, here are the layers that make up the picture:
Layers:

  1. Original picture.
  2. Applied cut out filter with levels=2, Simplicity=3 and Fidelity=3, opacity of layer 46%.
  3. Created a black outline.
  4. Red glow layer used in the second example was created using a gradient map (Color Harmonies 2). Layer has a blend of Hue.
  5. Added a texture layer which has a blend of Linear Dodge.
  6. My logo.

2 comments:

  1. Your editing is wonderful!
    from a good photo to an outstanding work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great edits, Ann. Thanks for sharing your process and for linking up with Photo Art Friday. I like the first edit - think its the contrast of the blue building that attracts my eye. Love the finishing touch of the ragged, cloudy borders too.

    ReplyDelete