This week I am going to go through some sites that I use to add to my collages and pictures. The first site I have chosen is Wordle. This is a fun site which rearranges words and creates a collage of words. You can change the fonts, colours and layout. By clicking the randomise button you can just try a random mix.
The first thing you do is go to Wordle and add the words you want to use. I took one of my holiday pictures and decided to make a scrapbook page.
Here is the Wordle screen. If you repeat a word a number of times, this word becomes more prominent in the grouping so here I have added holiday 3 times and relax twice:
Now click Go and see how it arranges the text for you and each time you press Randomise it will give you a different arrangement. Here are some of mine:
So here are the steps for getting it into PE (I am afraid this is for the PC - search online to see the process for getting a screen print on the MAC):
- Make sure the internet page you are viewing is the one you want to copy and is maximised.
- At the top of your keyboard there is a key called Prt Scr. Press this key. It makes a screen print.
- Now open Photoshop Elements and select from the menu File>New>Image from Clipboard.
- Crop the image to just the words by selecting from the menu Image>Crop and then resize the box to include only the text.
- Voila, you can now save this.
These are the picture files I used to make my scrapbook page. Instead of a flower I could have used cut out pictures of me and my husband: